Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do i change my laptop screen from going completely off? on my old laptop it just dimmed the screen?

i had gottin acer aspire dont remember the model and when i closed the lid it dimed the screen so that when i opened it back up it came right back up in half a second. but i dident like that pc so i sent it back and got a newer one but now when i close my lid it dims it then turns it completly off. i realize this might save battery power but im not concernd about that. how do i get it to just dim the screen. when it shuts the screen of and i open it up it take any where from 30 seconds to 2 minuts to go back on. it comes back on most of the time but then it goes to a black screen with just my mouse and then it goes back. it also says somthing about changing the theme to vista basic when i close the lid so im not sure about that. i am running windows vista home prem



all i want is to have it dim the light not shut the screen completly offHow do i change my laptop screen from going completely off? on my old laptop it just dimmed the screen?
Your system is going into standby when you close the lid. You need to set the power settings to Never, 'one of the options is when I close the screen'. You also have to go into the BIOS settings and change the power settings there also, different computers have different setting so I can't tell you exactly what to change.



More information, tips, and How to's on my web site:
  • most popular girl name
  • graphics animation
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment