Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why are all the menus blacked out on my PC and how do I fix it?

I have a very peculiar problem with my laptop. I've got a Dell Inspiron B130 (it's crap, I know. lol) running Windows XP. I have up through Service Pack 3, I believe.



I was attempting to change themes last night, and somehow the theme I clicked on made all of my menus go black. I'll give some examples of what I mean - My taskbar is all black - black background with (I assume) black writing so the only things I can see are the icons. The start menu is the same way. If I go to My Computer, everything is black. I run Google Chrome, and my address bar and scroll bar are blacked out, as are all the menus including the one that pops up if I right-click on something. When I press alt+tab, I can only see icons. Also, when I try to highlight text, regardless of color, the entire highlight shows up black.



I tried going and changing my theme again - the entire window is black but I manage to blindly find the drop-down menu to change my theme. i changed it several times to no avail. I also have restarted my system several times.



Hopefully someone has heard of this problem before and can help!



Thanks in advance!Why are all the menus blacked out on my PC and how do I fix it?
Computer errors:

Infect spyware

Registry problem



You are infected with spyware if:



* You see too much pop-up advertisements.

* Your browser has toolbars that you haven't installed.

* Your homepage has changed (and you can't change it back).

* Other settings have changed without your permission.

* Your computer is slow.



To get rid of spyware and keep your computer clean you can use an antispyware or even more.

You can download a antispyware software.

http://top5antispywarereviews.com/reviewWhy are all the menus blacked out on my PC and how do I fix it?
press Start%26gt; run %26gt; in the command line enter ';regsvr32 ';% System Root% \ System32 \ shsvcs.dll'; . Then restart the PC

No comments:

Post a Comment