Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Need help with Vista?

I am trying to change the themes of vista, start bars, buttons, icons ect.. ok, I can NOT find out how .. I have tryed downloading themes, but cant access them from the change themes box.. So then I looked around online, there RAR files and it said to get 7 zip, so I did that, it did its thing, but still cant access them.. I just want to know how to load them, apply them or whatever, to my computer.. I can see pictures of the skins and icons, but cant load them or whatever.. can someone PLEASE help...Need help with Vista?
Those guys dont wanna help because they hate Vista. In fact I agree Vista sucks.

Anyway I shall help you.

Extract the themes to %windir%\Resources\Themes

You can get to that location through the RUN Dialog (Windows Key + R)

Then after extracting, enter your themes folder and click on your theme follder name.

Go inside the folder and you should see a .msstyles file.

If it's there, it's correct.

Also ensure the themes you download are compatable.



After that go to Personalization -%26gt; Windows Color and appearance--%26gt;Open classic appearance pro.... to get your theme out.

The name of the theme is Windows Aero or Vista Basic as you cant give it a name.



Simplest way is to get Tuneup Utilities 2009 and use the TuneUp StylerNeed help with Vista?
well the problem is you're using vista.

you should fix that.
VIISTA!!! Hahaha just throw it away....
ok so right click 7 zip and open as admin, then extract and try that,



if that dont work, email me at kevinwjklimeck@comcast.net
extract your files to C:\Windows\Resources\Themes, you should then see them in the drop down list.

No comments:

Post a Comment