Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change Vista themes?

Once I find my theme and download it to my desktop it becomes a file that has to be open with another program. I probably have to change setting on my computer or something, but I have no idea what to do. Can someone give me advice or some good instructions?How do I change Vista themes?
You must install that theme, probably, or you downloaded a theme that is not compatible with vista.

Is that file a zip? If so, extract all the contents, and once the contents are extracted, paste those contents into C:\Windows\Resources\Themes (Or some place in the C:\Windows folder, there are themes). If it isn't a zip, paste that file directly into the themes folder.



After that, right click on the desktop, click personalize, and then click on themes and it should be listed there. If it isn't listed, then use the ';browse'; option, and browse to the themes folder. See if the theme is usable.



Good luck.How do I change Vista themes?
it's been awhile since i've downloaded themes, but i used to just right click on it and windows would offer to install the theme...just like w/ fonts.

however, you may have ot simply unpack it in the themes folder in windows...

No comments:

Post a Comment